Thursday, February 7, 2013

LEGOLAND

Inspiring all current and future architects, engineers & designers
 
In December, my family took a vacation to Orlando, Florida, which included visiting the local attractions.  My two oldest boys, 11 & 9, are Lego fanatics, so it was a must that we spend a day at LEGOLAND.                                               
Growing up I played with Legos, and it was an early indication that designing and building were in my blood.  My creative spirit was fed by how the Legos brought my imagination to life.  Back then, Legos were pretty generic, nothing like the intricate and specialized sets that are available today.  Still, it took my breath away when we walked around “Miniland USA”.


 
 
The Lego Master Builders created scaled down versions of some of our country's famous cities and iconic buildings. You can walk around "Washington, D.C." and see the White House and Capitol Building, then cruise by "San Franciso" and see the Golden Gate Bridge and the Trans America Building.

 
 
In "New York", the Empire State building stands 20 feet tall! They also characterize several cities in Florida, including Tallahassee, St. Augustine, and Tampa. There's even an homage to South Beach.

The entire park has amazing statues scattered throughout, even a full size 2012 Ford Explorer! You just have to wonder how they do it!


 

We may have gone for the kids, but my husband and I enjoyed it just as much. LEGOLAND isn't just for kids; its for those who are kids at heart!


 
There are many more photos of our trip to Legoland. If you want to see additional LEGO creations, just click below!

- Melanie Hicks
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment